Winter is on its way which means chilly weather and loads of hot cocoa.
But you will be far from chilly with one of the fabulous blankets we have in the store, paired with our tasty adult hot cocoa recipe.
Softest Blankets Ever
We love spending winter evenings sitting in front of the fire (or Netflix, let's be honest). This is made even better with some hot cocoa and a super soft blanket to cocoon in.
Our two favorite blankets come from Barefoot Dreams.
The first one below is their Cozychic Dream Receiving Blanket. Though marketed mainly for use by babies, we think adults deserve to enjoy these blankets too!
The next blanket is Barefoot Dreams' Covered in Prayer Dove Baby Blanket. Again, so soft that we think adults should get in on the cozy and indulge in these blankets for themselves as well.
Now that you've got your blanket picked out, let's move on to drinks.
Triple-Chocolate Amaretto Hot Cocoa
This hot cocoa will keep you warm all night. The mix of chocolate, coconut, and Amaretto makes for some next-level hot cocoa that will definitely be on repeat all winter for us.
(recipe courtesy of Paste Magazine)
What You'll Need . . .
For the hot cocoa:
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Amaretto
For the chocolate whipped cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons finely grated dark chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 Tablespoons shredded coconut
Next . . .
- Over low heat, warm 1 cup of the milk
- Add the cocoa powder, sugar, and salt and whisk until dissolved
- Turn the heat to medium and add the rest of the milk, stirring until hot
- Remove the pan from the heat and add vanilla and Amaretto.
- For the chocolate whipped cream, mix the cocoa with a couple tablespoons of the cream, then stir with a spoon, pressing out any lumps until you have a paste consistency.
- Add the rest of the milk and sugar, and beat with a mixer on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour hot cocoa into cups, spoon on the whipped cream, then add toppings.
- Sip away!